Welcome to the Ghibli Miyazaki 宮崎駿 course page!
In this course:
- Complete Mandarin immersion 全程華語教學, 提升孩子對學中文的興趣。
- Introduction to traditional acrylic painting techniques. 基礎壓克力教學， 畫出可愛水果，人物，景色， 等。
- The class will be focusing on training patience, hand and eye coordination, as well as Chinese phrases and idioms. 本期課程注重培養小朋友的耐性和手眼協調性。讓他們在有趣的活動中學會靈活運用中文成語和詞組。
- Get lost in the amazing stories by Ghibli/Miyazaki. 享受聽讀宮崎駿的故事。
- Learn idioms and phrases in Chinese! 提升閱讀能力， 學成語， 詞語。
- We offer you flex scheduling during summer! You can choose either of the times to drop in to class. Both Zoom schedule links will be given and you can decide the day of which class you'd like to drop in! For classes in Sept, only Friday afternoons will be given.
- Morning Option: 10 Classes 共有10 堂 Fridays 每周五8:30AM PDT/11:30AM EDT (From 7/8 - 8/19)
- Afternoon Option: 10 Classes 共有10 堂 Fridays 每周五4:00PM PDT/ 7:00PM EDT (From 7/8 - 9/23)
- 7/8 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 7/15 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 7/22 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 7/29 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 8/5 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 8/12 (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 8/19 (Skip 2 Weeks 8/26, 9/2 - labor day) (Morning and Afternoon Option)
- 9/9 (Afternoon Option ONLY)
- 9/16 (Afternoon Option ONLY)
- 9/23 (Afternoon Option ONLY)
- BONUS 8/5 - movie viewing (optional - right after class)
- BONUS 9/23 - movie viewing (optional - right after class)
Age range: 5+. If you'd like to join for stories and fun, please do! Painting will range in abilities. Stories fit for all ages. Painting will range from beginner to intermediate as weeks pass. Families welcome to paint together through one screen sign on.
Length: ~1 hour 30 minutes
Zoom - all links will be in the class website the week class starts.
What if I Can't Attend Live?
Every class will be recorded and ready for viewing by the next day. Many of our friends in other countries do recordings only so we are totally okay with taking the class on video only basis. We do ask that if we ask you to share your child's work, you would still post them in our Facebook Group because ... for no other reason than it will make your child happy to see their work showcased the very next week.
- Acrylic Paints We recommend buying larger tubes of acrylic paint and one that's at least 18 colors. The following link is only a recommendation, you can use another brand. Acrylic Paint Set Link 4oz Sizes.
- Acrylic Paint pens! We need this to outline some figures since it's kind of like animation characters. It will help with the painting to pop. Acrylic Paint Pens
- Acrylic Paint Paper We recommend canvas or fully textured acrylic paper to have a good textured effect and non bleed qualities for the paint: Acrylic Paper 8x11". However, if you want to save some money, good thick watercolor paper would do too. If you had these from our other classes, you can use these.
- Brushes. A good set of brushes go a long way and it doesn't need to be ultra expensive brush. This set is a definite must if you don't have these shapes: Mixed Size Brush Set
- Make life easier with brushes of special shapes: Special Effects Brushes many times I will use special effects brushes for different techniques.
- Disposable plates for mixing palette.