NOTE: In all our Summer Sessions, each month covers DIFFERENT Material. There are NO REPEATS. You can book the same class for multiple months. All class reading materials are different from last year as well.
- Mondays , Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Please see what session you’re registered in from Course Name:
- Session 2: 6/5 – 6/29, 4 Weeks
- Session 3: 7/5 – 7/27, 4 Weeks, excludes 7/3, 7/4 for Independence Day
- Session 4: 7/31 – 8/17, 3 Weeks
- Approx 50-55 minutes each class.
- Note: Comics for for June, July, and August will ALL BE DIFFERENT.
👊👊WARNING: no pre reading!
I've announced the comics series we'll be reading during summer. If you're joining us, DON'T PRE-READ because it ruins class. It's an exciting series and we like reading it together for discussions.
Flow of class:
read the comics in black and white
learn idioms and share meaning and discuss
the part read DURING class will have a anime video released in COLOR and Chinese subtitles.
You learn speed reading this way.
🥰Parents use the class for ULTIMATE BRIBE.
Do the work/learn the idioms and you'll get to watch the uploaded anime after class.
* 影片是在家裏自己時間看。 上課時間是拿來閱讀， 討論跟分享的。Classtime is used for reading the discussions. Anime portion is done on your own time after class or on the weekend.
In this course 課程:
- Complete Mandarin immersion 全程華語教學, 提升孩子對學中文的興趣。
- We’ll be utilizing the hottest comics in Asia to spice up the interest for students.
- We will be learning idioms, phrases, sentence structure, and grammar. 我們將學習成語、詞語、句子結構和語法。
Why Use Comics to Learn Chinese? 爲什麽要用漫畫來學中文？
- Reading comics can make it easy for learners to pick up Chinese, because the content is usually simple and easy to understand, helping to improve learners' language comprehension and reading speed. 閱讀漫畫可以讓學習者輕鬆地學習中文，因為漫畫內容通常簡單易懂，有助於提高學習者的語言理解能力和閱讀速度。
- Learning characters: Reading comics can help learners better understand the usage and meaning of Chinese characters. Learners can learn new vocabulary and expressions by reading comics, while reinforcing the Chinese characters they have already learned. 學習漢字：閱讀漫畫可以幫助學習者更好地理解漢字的用法和意義。學習者可以通過閱讀漫畫來學習新詞彙和表達方式，同時鞏固已學會的漢字知識。
- Expanding vocabulary: Comics contain rich and varied content, allowing learners to learn various new vocabulary, expanding their vocabulary and improving their language expression ability.增加詞彙量：漫畫內容豐富多彩，可以學習到各種不同的詞彙，幫助學習者擴展詞彙量，提高語言表達能力。
- Developing imagination and creativity: Comics require learners to imagine and understand the visual expression and storylines themselves, helping to develop their imagination and creativity. 發展想像力和創造力：漫畫的圖像表現和故事情節需要學習者自己去想像和理解，這有助於發展學習者的想像力和創造力。
- Improving cultural literacy: Comic works usually contain rich cultural elements, allowing learners to understand Chinese culture, customs and traditions through reading comics. 提高文化素養：漫畫作品中通常包含豐富的文化元素，學習者可以通過閱讀漫畫了解中國文化、風俗和傳統等。
- Not age specific. You’ll need to be able to work Zoom (open link from a website, raise hands, mute, see chat link, etc.). Children in these classes usually range from 8-13. 不限年齡。您需要能夠使用Zoom（從網站打開連結、舉手、靜音、查看聊天連結等）。課程孩子年齡大部分都在 8-13歲之間。
- Children in this class require listening and conversational skills to follow directions and listen to stories. 這個課程的孩子需要具備聽力和口說技能，以便能夠跟隨指示和聆聽故事。
- Students currently in our program who know 500 characters and up or are willing to learn fast or just want to come and listen to stories are fit for this class. For new students, you should be speaking Chinese at home or have attended a Chinese Immersion program for at least 5-6 years. 我們課程中目前已知 500 個漢字及以上，或是願意快速學習，或只是想來聽故事的學生，都適合參加這門課程。對於新學生，你應該會在家裡說中文，或已經至少參加了 5-6 年的中文浸泡課程。
- Small classes start at 10 with a max of 15. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the size by a handful of students due to: class switches, video only options students, students who switch time slots due to our flex option.
Time Flex Option:
- If in the same session your class is listed with many time option, you’re allowed to attend any of the time sessions for ultimate flexibility of scheduling. For example, if in a May session there are two times listed for this class, both Zoom links will be given in your Dashboard Class site and you can just click on the particular time you’d like to attend that day.
- Zoom links will be under the lesson date/number on the class menu and you can click through to the zoom link right before class starts. All class videos will be posted here in the site.
- 本課都是利用網路 zoom 在進行。 開課之前請到網頁點入 Zoom 連結上課。每堂課都會有錄影，所以沒法當天上課可以隨時參考錄影。影片會保存放網上限時365天，需要延長時間請隨時聯絡我們.
- Many of our students do video only with amazing results. Some do a mix of video and live online. They can go at their own pace to do the classes and still be able to listen to other students answer questions and see what their peers are thinking and how they are answering. If there’s a sharing day or a presentation day, then video only students are always welcome to come share. At any time you need to go video only, you have the ultimate flexibility to do that since videos are uploaded daily by the end of the day of each class day. You can review and re-watch anytime as well.
Supplies 應需用品 （自行選購）:
- Textbooks – we will be uploading weekly review sheets or any necessary printouts for the class. As for the comic books, please wait until the course is done before purchasing to avoid ruining the surprise and fun for the kids! Comics may vary based on the current group’s interest but will be taken from the pool of the most popular comics series in Asia.
- Printer 打印機
- Paper 紙
- Pencil 鉛筆
- Computer 電腦
Refunds: 72 hours before class starts. 課程開始前72小時。
- Are there siblings discount? We are not offering any discounts for siblings at this time.
- Are siblings allowed to sit together? It depends on your family and how your children work together. Some prefer siblings to sit apart with different screens if possible to minimize disturbances to their study and they feel more ownership. However, there are some siblings that like to sit together and it makes them work harder.
Sample Reading – Actual comics used will be different.