NOTE: In all our Summer Sessions, each month covers DIFFERENT Material. There are NO REPEATS. You can book the same class for multiple months. All class reading materials are different from last year as well.
- Mondays , Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 4 Days a Week
- 7/31 - 8/17, 3 Weeks
- Approx 50-55 minutes each class.
- Note: reading materials for May, June, July, and August will ALL BE DIFFERENT.
In this course 課程:
- Complete Mandarin immersion 全程華語教學, 提升孩子對學中文的興趣。
- Super charge your reading comprehension with this class focused on the three strengths of: reading, listening, and speech. 透過這個課程，集中在閱讀、聆聽和口說三個方面的強項，讓你的閱讀理解大幅提升。
- Utilizing different forms of reading literature to increase reading comprehension. 利用不同形式的閱讀物跟多種類的故事來提高閱讀理解。
- We will be learning idioms, phrases, sentence structure, and grammar. 我們將學習成語、詞語、句子結構和語法。
- Character recognition exercises and games will be incorporated into the curriculum. 課程會包括認字練習和遊戲。
- Our core program is all encompassing so it includes all topics and practices you would expect of our regular everyday program except for the writing portion. We’ll be utilizing upper level chapter books, comics, books without zhuyin, short stories, articles, and essays as the core curriculum to incorporate lots of fun and excitement while learning Chinese. 我們的三大強課程非常全面，類似我們的“天天學中文”課程 。我們將使用中高年級橋梁書、無注音故事讀本、短篇故事、文章等來提升閲讀能力，讓學習中文變得更加有趣和刺激。
- Not age specific. You’ll need to be able to work Zoom (open link from a website, raise hands, mute, see chat link, etc.). Children in these classes usually range from 9-13. 不限年齡。您需要能夠使用Zoom（從網站打開連結、舉手、靜音、查看聊天連結等）。課程孩子年齡大部分都在9-13歲之間。
- Children in this class require higher level listening and conversational skills to follow directions and participate in class discussions. 這個課程的孩子需要具備高年級程度的聽力和口說技能，以便能夠跟隨指示和參與討論。
- Students currently in our Fourth Year through Sixth Year classes are perfect for this class. For new students, you should be speaking Chinese at home or have attended a Chinese Immersion program for at least 6-7 years. Most students know how to read at least 750-1000 characters beyond our Fourth Year and can use Zhuyin for characters they don’t know. Although not required, knowing Zhuyin will be helpful. New students who know pinyin but know characters well are fit for this program as well for Summer. 目前就讀於我們的四年~六年級的學生非常適合參加這個課程。對於新學生來說，基本條件是需要能夠在家裡說中文或至少參加了6-7年的中文沉浸式課程。大多數學生在我們的四~六年班級中至少認識750-1000個漢字，並可以使用注音來學習不熟悉的漢字。雖然不是必需的，但了解注音會很有幫助。對於在拼音方面表現良好和已經認識漢字的新學生也非常適合參加這個夏令營。
- Small classes start at 5 with a max of 10. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the size by a handful of students due to: class switches, video only options students, students who switch time slots due to our flex option.
Time Flex Option:
- If in the same session your class is listed with many time option, you’re allowed to attend any of the time sessions for ultimate flexibility of scheduling. For example, if in a May session there are two times listed for this class, both Zoom links will be given in your Dashboard Class site and you can just click on the particular time you’d like to attend that day.
- Zoom links will be under the lesson date/number on the class menu and you can click through to the zoom link right before class starts. All class videos will be posted here in the site.
- 本課都是利用網路 zoom 在進行。 開課之前請到網頁點入 Zoom 連結上課。每堂課都會有錄影，所以沒法當天上課可以隨時參考錄影。影片會保存放網上限時365天，需要延長時間請隨時聯絡我們.
- Many of our students do video only with amazing results. Some do a mix of video and live online. They can go at their own pace to do the classes and still be able to listen to other students answer questions and see what their peers are thinking and how they are answering. If there’s a sharing day or a presentation day, then video only students are always welcome to come share. At any time you need to go video only, you have the ultimate flexibility to do that since videos are uploaded daily by the end of the day of each class day. You can review and re-watch anytime as well.
Supplies 應需用品 （自行選購）:
- Textbooks – we will be uploading the worksheets and character recognition cards to the site for printout each week so you don’t need to worry about purchasing workbooks. For class books, we’ll be giving you the links of the ebooks you can purchase or just read along in class would be enough. For those that want to have the physical books for review later, you can purchase them on 博客來 or Gloria’s Bookstore after we’ve gone over it in class. We prefer kids to read with us in class and not pre-read (because it spoils the surprise and fun)! In addition, you can ask them if they actually liked that book and then consider purchasing afterwards to reread and review.
- 我們將每週上傳作業和漢字識字卡，供您列印，因此您不必擔心購買練習冊。至於課本，我們將提供您可以購買的電子書鏈接，或者只需在課堂上跟老師讀就可以了。對於那些想要實體書以便以後複習的學生，您可以在課堂上瀏覽後在博客來或Gloria's Bookstore上購買。我們希望孩子們能在課堂上和我們一起閱讀，而不是提前閱讀（因為這會損害了在課堂上的驚喜和樂趣）！此外，您可以問問孩子們他們是否喜歡那本書，然後再考慮購買以便複習故事。
- Printer 打印機
- Paper 紙
- Pencil 鉛筆
- Computer 電腦
Refunds: 72 hours before class starts. 課程開始前72小時。
- Are there siblings discount? We are not offering any discounts for siblings at this time.
- Are siblings allowed to sit together? It depends on your family and how your children work together. Some prefer siblings to sit apart with different screens if possible to minimize disturbances to their study and they feel more ownership. However, there are some siblings that like to sit together and it makes them work harder.
Level of No Zhuyin support type of books to help with character recognition: