NOTE: In all our Summer Sessions, each month covers DIFFERENT Material. There are NO REPEATS. You can book the same class for multiple months. All class reading materials are different from last year as well.
- Mondays , Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 4 Days a Week
- 7/31 - 8/17, 3 Weeks
- Approx 50-55 minutes each class.
- Note: reading materials for May, June, July, and August will ALL BE DIFFERENT.
In this course 課程:
Complete Mandarin immersion 全程華語教學, 提升孩子對學中文的興趣。
Subjects will variate weekly focusing on the most common conversational topics such as school, family, vacations, shopping, eating at a restaurant, etc. 主題每週變化，重點放在最常見的對話話題，例如學校、家庭、度假、購物、在餐廳用餐等。
We will be learning idioms, phrases, sentence structure, and grammar. 我們將學習成語、詞語、句子結構和語法。
Character recognition exercises and games will be incorporated into the curriculum. 課程會包括認字練習和遊戲。
- This program will help with:
-Improve language expression ability: By participating in expression classes, children can get more opportunities to express themselves, improve their language expression ability, and boost their confidence.
-Cultivate social skills: Expression classes are usually group activities, where children need to interact and cooperate with their peers, learn to communicate and get along with others, and cultivate their social skills.
-Enhance cognitive ability: Through the practice of expression classes, children can learn to think more clearly, organize their thoughts, and enhance their thinking ability.
-Increase knowledge base: Expression classes usually cover a variety of topics, and children can learn different subjects to increase their knowledge and expand their horizons.
-Train performing skills: Expression classes usually involve activities such as performances and reports, through which children can improve their performing skills and become more confident in facing a crowd.
Not age specific. You’ll need to be able to work Zoom (open link from a website, raise hands, mute, see chat link, etc.). Children in these classes usually range from 5-9. 不限年齡。您需要能夠使用Zoom（從網站打開連結、舉手、靜音、查看聊天連結等）。課程孩子年齡大部分都在5-9歲之間。
Children in this class require listening and conversational skills to follow directions and listen to stories. 這個課程的孩子需要具備聽力和口說技能，以便能夠跟隨指示和聆聽故事。
Students currently in our Zhuyin or First Year classes are perfect for this class. For new students, you should be speaking Chinese at home or have attended a Chinese Immersion program for at least 3-4 years. Most students know how to read at least 100-200 characters in our current first year and can use Zhuyin for characters they don’t know. Although not required, knowing Zhuyin will be helpful. New students who know pinyin but also know characters well are fit for this program as well for Summer. 目前就讀於我們的注音或一年班級的學生非常適合參加這個課程。對於新學生來說，基本條件是需要能夠在家裡說中文或至少參加了3-4年的中文沉浸式課程。大多數學生在我們的一年班級中至少認識100-200個漢字，並可以使用注音來學習不熟悉的漢字。雖然不是必需的，但了解注音會很有幫助。對於在拼音方面表現良好和已經認識漢字的新學生也非常適合參加這個夏令營。
- Small classes start at 5 with a max of 10. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the size by a handful of students due to: class switches, video only options students, students who switch time slots due to our flex option.
Time Flex Option:
- If in the same session your class is listed with many time option, you’re allowed to attend any of the time sessions for ultimate flexibility of scheduling. For example, if in a May session there are two times listed for this class, both Zoom links will be given in your Dashboard Class site and you can just click on the particular time you’d like to attend that day.
- Zoom links will be under the lesson date/number on the class menu and you can click through to the zoom link right before class starts. All class videos will be posted here in the site.
本課都是利用網路 zoom 在進行。 開課之前請到網頁點入 Zoom 連結上課。每堂課都會有錄影，所以沒法當天上課可以隨時參考錄影。影片會保存放網上限時365天，需要延長時間請隨時聯絡我們.
- Many of our students do video only with amazing results. Some do a mix of video and live online. They can go at their own pace to do the classes and still be able to listen to other students answer questions and see what their peers are thinking and how they are answering. If there’s a sharing day or a presentation day, then video only students are always welcome to come share. At any time you need to go video only, you have the ultimate flexibility to do that since videos are uploaded daily by the end of the day of each class day. You can review and re-watch anytime as well.
Supplies 應需用品 （自行選購）:
Textbooks – we will be uploading the worksheets and character recognition cards to the site for printout each week so you don’t need to worry about purchasing workbooks. For class books, we’ll be giving you the links of the ebooks you can purchase or just read along in class would be enough. For those that want to have the physical books for review later, you can purchase them on 博客來 or Gloria’s Bookstore after we’ve gone over it in class. We prefer kids to read with us in class and not pre-read (because it spoils the surprise and fun)! In addition, you can ask them if they actually liked that book and then consider purchasing afterwards to reread and review.
Refunds: 72 hours before class starts. 課程開始前72小時。
- Are there siblings discount? We are not offering any discounts for siblings at this time.
- Are siblings allowed to sit together? It depends on your family and how your children work together. Some prefer siblings to sit apart with different screens if possible to minimize disturbances to their study and they feel more ownership. However, there are some siblings that like to sit together and it makes them work harder.
Sample Books and Topics