NOTE: In all our Summer Sessions, each month covers DIFFERENT Material. There are NO REPEATS. You can book the same class for multiple months. All class reading materials are different from last year as well.
- Mondays , Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 4 Days a Week
- 5/15 – 6/1, 3 Weeks, No class Memorial Day 5/29
- Approx 50-55 minutes each class.
- Note: Characters for May, June, July, and August will ALL BE DIFFERENT.
In this course 課程:
- Complete Mandarin immersion 全程華語教學, 提升孩子對學中文的興趣。
- Learn 1000 characters over 4 intensive sessions. Each session will cover different characters with a total of 1000 characters over the ENTIRE summer of four sessions, 14 weeks, May through August.
- We average about learning 18 to 20 characters a day.
- Students learn word meanings, phrases, and sometimes idioms during class to help with retention.
- Classes end each day with a battle game with other students in class based on how much you retained that day and the speed at which you can remember the characters.
- This course will help with speed reading and get your started on your voyage to reading without Pinyin/Zhuyin help.
- • 這門課程將有助於提高閲讀速度，讓你開始閲讀時減低需要拼音/注音的幫助。
- Not age specific. You’ll need to be able to work Zoom (open link from a website, raise hands, mute, see chat link, etc.). Children in these classes usually range from 5-13. 不限年齡。您需要能夠使用Zoom（從網站打開連結、舉手、靜音、查看聊天連結等）。課程孩子年齡大部分都在 5-13歲之間。
- Children in this class require fluent conversational skills to follow directions and discussion. 此課程中的孩子需要具備流利的中文口語能力，才能理解指示和參與討論。
- Small classes start at 10 with a max of 20. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the size by a handful of students due to: class switches, video only options students, students who switch time slots due to our flex option.
Time Flex Option:
- If in the same session your class is listed with many time option, you’re allowed to attend any of the time sessions for ultimate flexibility of scheduling. For example, if in a May session there are two times listed for this class, both Zoom links will be given in your Dashboard Class site and you can just click on the particular time you’d like to attend that day.
- Zoom links will be under the lesson date/number on the class menu and you can click through to the zoom link right before class starts. All class videos will be posted here in the site.
- 本課都是利用網路 zoom 在進行。 開課之前請到網頁點入 Zoom 連結上課。每堂課都會有錄影，所以沒法當天上課可以隨時參考錄影。影片會保存放網上限時365天，需要延長時間請隨時聯絡我們.
- Many of our students do video only with amazing results. Some do a mix of video and live online. They can go at their own pace to do the classes and still be able to listen to other students answer questions and see what their peers are thinking and how they are answering. If there’s a sharing day or a presentation day, then video only students are always welcome to come share. At any time you need to go video only, you have the ultimate flexibility to do that since videos are uploaded daily by the end of the day of each class day. You can review and re-watch anytime as well.
Supplies 應需用品 （自行選購）:
Textbooks – We will be going through this series: Learn 1000 Hanzi Chinese. Please purchase on Amazon the corresponding books for each session below. We will be uploading character recognition cards to the site for printout each week but we highly encourage purchasing the textbooks for reading and writing practice. 我們將每週上傳漢字識字卡供您列印.
- Session 1: Books 1 and 2
- Session 2: Books 3, 4, and 5
- Session 3: Books 6, 7, and 8 (half of 8 will be finished)
- Session 4: Books 8, 9, and 10 (second half of book 8 will be finished)
- Printer 打印機
- Paper 紙
- Pencil 鉛筆
- Computer 電腦
Refunds: 72 hours before class starts. 課程開始前72小時。
- Are there siblings discount? We are not offering any discounts for siblings at this time.
- Are siblings allowed to sit together? It depends on your family and how your children work together. Some prefer siblings to sit apart with different screens if possible to minimize disturbances to their study and they feel more ownership. However, there are some siblings that like to sit together and it makes them work harder.
To help kids remember the words, we've even designed some T-Shirts. You can purchase these in our store:
Word Lists – Classes may or may not go in this particular order and may cover more than these word lists.